The Conqueror

 

This book is a difficult one to review. One because I did not finish it, and two, because it is not even slightly what I expected. 

On the first note, I did not finish reading this book because I truly dont want to fill my thoughts with the darker aspects. I enjoy historical  fiction stories, especially ones that take place during war time, so I can handle the war scenes. But the depiction of women, even if it might be somewhat accurate for that time period (no idea if it is or not) I still don't want to read about having a talent for sex, or using sex as a tool, etc. It's just not what I enjoy reading about.

Secondly. What did I expect? Traditional Christian or Biblical fiction. This is neither. At least not to me. 

I would like to add that the author is talented and his writing style is strong, but apparently I'm just not a part of the targeted audience.


Thank you to Revell for providing me a complimentary copy.


Comments