The Master Craftsman

 

I love reading historical fiction, and doubly love reading dual time stories. #TheMasterCraftsman gives two stories in one. I enjoyed both and how nicely they meshed and it was fun turning through the pages of this treasure hunt.

There were a couple places that slowed down a little for me, but for the most part I was engaged. Chiefly the Russian sections, maybe because of all that's going on in that part of the world right now. Also, because I'd heard of the Faberge eggs but knew very little past that.

The characters are nicely developed (in both the past and present) and I related to many of them, but parts where "Ava and Carol" were referenced (rather than Ava and her mother) briefly took me out of the story. 

Thank you to Revell for providing a complimentary copy.

Comments