The Chilbury Ladies' Choir (Book Review)

I came across so much hype for this book that my expectations were high. While I can’t say I was initially wowed or blown away by the multi-point-of-view letter format, I did become absorbed in the story by a couple focal characters.

It’s not easy drawing a group of women of different ages, beliefs, opinions and life-experiences together into one cohesive unit, but when they realize they need each other to create something good in a time of unrest, friendships form and they create beautiful music to battle the wartime troubles.

That’s not to say everything is rosy. There is a nice blend of ups and downs, good and bad, struggle and success to keep the reader turning pages. I didn’t really connect with some of the characters, at least not as deeply as with others, but still found the story satisfying.


-->
Thank you to the publisher and BloggingForBooks for my complimentary copy.

Comments