The Long March Home


The Long March Home is gut-wrenching! Wow. I wasn't expecting this (being published by a Christian Publisher) to be so tough and gritty! And I mean that in a good way. Being graphic is sometimes necessary to make the atrocities come across, and there were horrible atrocities, no doubt.

The story's main focus is on three friends from high school who saw War as, in some degree, a glamorous fight. It is not even a little glamorous. It's heartbreaking, horrid, and damaging.

Knowing, in part, that some of these stories are real breaks my heart. I learned about the Bataan Death March from this book and researched a little further. So sad.

If you want a realistic, unfiltered, emotional story that takes place in WWII Phillipines, this is a great place to start.

Thank you to Revell for my complimentary copy.
#TheLongMarchHome

Comments