The All-American

 

The All American is brimming with nostalgia. Taking place in the 1950s (which is a fun and rare backdrop in my reading experiences) the Harding family is full and interesting. I don't think I've ever read a story where a character (the father in this instance) is accused of being a communist, and this was a fascinating aspect of the story.

But the story mainly focuses on sisters Flossie and Bertha. Bertha is a tomboy and has a strong desire to play in the Women's Baseball League, and Flossie loves reading books and wants to grow up quickly.

Though the sisters are very different, I connected with both of them and really enjoy their unique perspectives. And the Red Scare was especially fascinating. 

I enjoyed this fresh and unique nostalgic look into the past with this fascinating family and their dynamics and appreciated the nods to novels of the times.

Thank you to Revell for providing a complimentary copy of this book.

#TheAllAmerican

Comments